An 8-week online building foundations programme for children and young people living with cancer. Our online programmes are lead and designed by MOVE level 4 cancer rehab specialists. This programme is available to all regardless of whether they have been inactive or active before they were diagnosed with cancer.
Aim is to;
• Reduce short term and long-term effects of treatment.
• Self-manage and reduce cancer related fatigue
• Improve function and overall quality of life
• Improve fitness
• Improve muscle strength and conditioning
• Improve mental wellbeing
• Help young people to live a happier and healthier life.
• Keep exercise and activities fun and interactive
Design a functional exercise/activity programme specific to patient’s diagnosis, current health status, age, needs and goals.
• Support to exercise in a safe and effective way.
• Help patients set achievable and realistic goals
• Support patients to be accountable and make small but effective lifestyle changes that have a positive impact on their lives.
• Help make exercise and being active fun.
• Most importantly help young people take control over their lives and focus on the things that they CAN do.
Get in Touch.
Phone consultation is arranged.
. The programme starts with a baseline health assessment, quality of life measures, and physical and functional movement screening tests.
• If patient is under 18 this can be done with the patient if parent has agreed and signed this off. Otherwise the parent/guardian and patient will all be present on this call/skype consultation.
• We then prescribe an 8-week functional exercise/activity programme designed specific to patient’s diagnosis, health status, goals and needs.
• They have the opportunity to have access to weekly phone call/skype support and weekly programme adjustments. This will all be discussed with them.
• At the end of the 8 weeks we carry out a final consultation, a further 4-week plan if required and a document with suggested community activities in their area.
• If requested refers will be provided with a feedback summary for the patient.